Mulching and Plantings
Having a carefully planned landscape is common in every New Jersey home, not because it is fashionable, but because residents have become aware of the many advantages that it provides in their everyday lives. And one way of improving the looks and functionality of their outdoor areas is through mulching and plantings.
MulchingMulching is needed not just because it enhances the beauty of a landscape but also due to the following reasons:
- Protects the plants from extreme temperatures by providing insulation
- Prevents soil erosion
- Locks in the soil’s moisture and nutrients
- Discourages the growth of weeds and invasion of pests
We at JB's Landscaping can use inorganic mulching only upon your request, because we usually prefer organic mulches, like sawdust, wood chips, pine bark, cypress, and the like. We believe that these mulches are better because of the following:
- Safety. Organic mulches do not contain any chemicals since they are made from natural materials. Thus you won’t be worried about your kids or pests ingesting or touching toxic substances.
- Beauty. Don’t think that organic mulches just look drab and gray. They can be colored with natural dyes that can blend with the existing colors of your landscape.
- Environmental friendly. Organic mulches, as said earlier, do not contain harmful chemicals, so you won’t feel guilty about harming the environment.
We could advice you on the best areas your mulches must be installed aside from providing you the installation as we have the expertise needed and tools to perform the job. Organic or inorganic, mulches are a great way of protecting and providing that extra moisture and nutrient your soil may need. However, it is best that a professional does the mulch installation. They know best what type of mulches to install and at the same time the amount of mulches to apply.
Click on the images below to view a larger display.
PlantingsWe know which plants need more sunlight or more water, as well as those which can grow best in specific areas of your landscape.
- Groundcovers. Groundcovers are best used to line flower beds, walkways, and lawns.
- Shrubs. Shrubs are the “backgrounders” of a landscape. They can be planted in rows to line the side of your home, as a fence, or to separate areas from one another. Spice Bush, False Indigo, Alder, and the like are suited for the New Jersey climate.
- Annuals and Perennials. To provide continuous color to any landscape, these plantings must be installed together. Annual flowers substitute for the lack of color when perennial flowers are off season; while perennials fill in the color when annuals die and have to be replanted. New Jersey is home to Blue Fortunes, Catmints, Asters, and Coneflowers.
- Small ornamental trees. A landscape will look boring without small ornamental trees placed strategically within it. They must be planted near hardscapes and other places where shade is needed. They also provide variety and a charming contrast to small plantings and flowers.
- Bog Plants. These plantings are best installed near your ponds, streams, or waterfalls. They can make those water features more natural. What’s best is that they filter water too.
A Picture-perfect LandscapeWe at JB's Landscaping can provide premium mulching and plantings services to the various areas in New Jersey.
With these landscaping services, you will have a landscape that will produce multi-colored flowers blooming all year through. Of course, such a beautiful and sweet-smelling garden has the added bonus of flocks of birds that will sing their melodies and swarms of butterflies that will flaunt their wonderful wings in gratitude for giving them a nice place to stay. Moreover, you and your loved ones will definitely love the paradise that you can call home.
Call us now at (908) 496-4755. We’ll be more than glad to assist you in beautifying your landscape with our mulching and plantings services.